Friday, March 11, 2011

Professor Munhall

Dr. Munhall was the nursing professor in charge of my independent study when I returned to Hunter part time in the fall of 1989.

I had not completed the spring 89 semester, and a professor had told me at the time that I showed no signs of becoming a good nurse.

My independent study, which focused on Death and Dying in Pediatrics was the first project I worked on after my confidence was so badly shaken.

Professor Munhall, a woman with her doctorate in Nursing, encouraged me, supported my project, and helped me regain my faith that Nursing was my career path. And at the end of the semester she urged me to go back to school full-time, that the profession needed nurses like me.

A year and a half later, I sat my nursing board, passed, and started my nursing career.

In the twenty years that have passed, I have worked for the poor and disenfranchised. I have worked for those who need me the most. And I will Never forget that it was Dr. Patricia Munhall who helped me to become the nurse they depend on. And I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment