Friday, March 18, 2011

The Kinnetts

In 1977, my sister Dee and I went to visit my Aunt Ann and Uncle Gail in Fairfield Ohio. We went to Great Grandma Miller's farm, King's Island, and had two wonderful weeks with the Kinnett family.

I came back the following summer on my own, and watched my cousin Ellen take her first steps. We went to Friendship Indiana, and I made friends with some of the neighbors.

Coming to visit seemed more like coming home after a while and I visited regularly, watching my young cousins grow into amazing women.

My aunt, Ann, is a second mom to me in so many ways. And Uncle Gail has been great to all of us, from being a bucking bull in the pool at our Bronx home (during what was supposed to be his honeymoon) to cuffing Dee when she robbed the bank during Monopoly.

When I finally ended up moving here in 2006, they welcomed me in all ways, big and small- from getting me to yard sales and helping me unpack to allowing me to get the Andys good at Christmas (I am still waiting for payback)

So today I am thankful for my Ohio family, the Kinnetts

No comments:

Post a Comment