Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

"I was pushed to falling - but the Lord gave me help - My Heart - My Song - IS THE LORD - Who has become my Savior"

So what to give up for Lent.....

As a fairly fallen Catholic, there is still, in my mind, an obligation to remember the Lord's sacrifices for humanity, even if my Church annoys me at times.

So I tried to think of a fitting tribute, and I think doing something might be a better way to go.

So for the next forty days, I am going to write about positive things, people and events in my life.

Each day will be a story of love...

So it was 1989, and I had a stretch of negative- a long stretch of negative. I was no longer in Nursing school, I lost my school related housing and job, and the man I loved had decided to go in another direction...

I was at my parents' home, my Dad-who I am sure, looking back, was concerned- was nagging me to get up for Mass.

I explained that, as an adult, I opted not to attend...

"Well as long as you live under my roof..."

Time to find a new roof.

I became a live-in housekeeper/nanny for three children, one with CP, within the next three weeks, and I truly believe they were a gift from God when my faith was badly shaken. They welcomed me, they loved me, and while I was with them, my soul started to heal.

When I found out that the love of my life had become engaged, I needed to walk, in spite of the late night and downpour. Barry and Celeste tried to dissuade me from walking in the rain, but when I told them about the engagement, Barry offered me an umbrella.

Celeste introduced me to green food- she was an amazing cook and we had a sit down dinner each evening. It was wonderful to be a part of their family. They invited me to their church services, and when I attended, it felt so warm and inviting. I was welcomed by their friends.

By the fall, I was ready to try an independent study at the college, and they again encouraged me. Such an amazing gift.

I thank God for the Milazzo family.

No comments:

Post a Comment