Monday, March 21, 2011

John-John

I admit it sounds a little silly calling a grown man John-John, but since I was twelve when we met, I am allowed.

I was in seventh grade when Kathy introduced me to John-John. They had taken art classes from the same lady. John was playing the part of Sonny in our school production of Grease- dubbed "Class of 59" since some of the wording and story line had to be adjusted for the Catholic school setting. We were fast friends.

We have been friends forever, and it is hard to remember a time we didn't know one another. Through dinner at Umberto's, skating at Stars, champagne celebrations, high school, his girlfriends and wife, my boyfriends and husband and divorce, three decades and four children later, we still are only a phone call away.

I returned the painting he gave Kathy, so he could show his kids the great artist he was, and sent an electronic photo from 1980 as most old photos and treasures were lost when his mom's house flooded.

We are friends. What a wonderful gift. And today I wish my dear friend HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment