Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who were you meant to be?

‎"Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire"

Wow- I am not really sure... And I am coming up on 45 in a hurry. Am I doing the work he calls me to? Yes. Absolutely.

But I am not my job...

So I have decided to have a "me" exploration this summer, while my young son is in New York with his dad.

I am going to take a pottery class- something I have always wanted to do.

I am going to eat better- okay, I confess this is more about winning "The Biggest Loser" at work, but whatever...

And I am going to dance. I am going to swing, and salsa and belly dance.

I am going to jive and swirl and enjoy the pulse of the music.

I am going to play hard. Tonight is my first swing class- I can't wait. My daughter is coming along... An Andy Dillhoff suggestion (Thank You, Andy!). And of course, since it is open to all ages, I am dragging my son along (under protest).

I am hoping it is so fun that it becomes a regular event.

I am also going to sign up for Tau Chi. Try out everything and see what I love. Get out of the house and meet some new people. Sweat a little.

And today I start the Made to Crave 21day Challenge. It is focused on satisfying your deepest desire with God not food.

I am up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment