Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cold weather and hay

Okay, I am back in long sleeve and long pants because we will be lucky to hit 55 today and it is dark and cloudy. Did I mention we also can expect rain for another three days? I am excited that we might get to 69 by Thursday, but am not holding my breathe.

I was in shorts only moments ago, taking the cover off my pool and preparing for summer. How in the world is it only 46 degrees right now? It is the end of May. I need warm weather. And now I am back to sleeping with blankets, plural, as in more than one.

Where is my Spring?

And enough with the rain- my grass is so long I could start baling it to feed farm animals. I have mowed and weed-whacked and it is still totally out of control. It is now higher than my hedges in places.

I keep adding chemicals to the pool, hoping that eventually I will be able to get it warm enough to get into. I need to vacuum it once more, then it will be good to go- unless it rains another 6 inches, in which case I will need to balance it again.

Did I mention I was swimming after work this time last year?

Global Warming....bah humbug. I need to turn on my heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment