Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Serenity

Insurance companies are a required evil, I am coming to understand. You have to have house insurance if you have a mortgage, you need to carry car insurance...

The requirements, however, are all on the side of the insured.

The company you pay- they have NO obligation to call you back, no obligation to review what you did prior to the adjuster turning up, no obligation to speak to you at all, apparently.

Kevin- the person assigned my claim- was planning to mail me a check based on the adjuster's appraisal, minus my deductible, without ever speaking with me about what occurred.

Our one brief conversation was "I am traveling now, can I call you tomorrow and we can discuss your claim".

And then he didn't call me back.

That was Friday.

Today, after telling my insurance agent that I need a new insurance company, Kevin's boss called to tell me Kevin cut me a check...

Based on an estimate I had never seen...

One that did not include the restoration company clean-up...

It wasn't included BECAUSE HE NEVER SPOKE TO ME... because accuracy is clearly over-rated.

I told Kevin's boss all of this... And I was not nice about it. Not rude, but not nice.

He is looking into it and will get back to me in a couple of days...

Where have I heard that before?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment