Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy...

How can you diet and exercise when you are busy? How do you do the lawncare, dishes, laundry return receivers and routers and go to the Fishing Derby, get home in time to watch your daughter go to the prom, then attend a work function looking and acting like the professional you are supposed to be?

I cannot lie- a good number of things did not get finished, were not done...

Saturday morning I drove with my son to Oxford to the private lake where we have our fishing derby. I sat under the leader tent, unhooking Blue Gills and PRAYING my son would catch something...anything...

With David P helping him (and adding a bobber (?) to John's line) my son was soon the proud fisherman with an 8in Blue Gill on his line. It was not the biggest fish caught, but he did well casting- according to Dave who knows about such things- and was happy enough to leave a bit early so we could be home for Elizabeth's big night.

Except...

Liz decided she was not going to the prom. I am not entitled to know why. Is it terrible that my reaction went along the lines of- now I can mail back the stuff to Dish Network via UPS... and that I could even, if I hurried, make it to Time Warner before they closed...

I know, it sounds bad... but I am not the one who called off prom...

When I got back from the mall, I loaded and unloaded after deciding the lawn could wait another day to be edged. Then showered, dressed and with John in tow, picked up my cousin. We then drove to the fundraiser hosted by Jason and Lindsey and their son Maxx. It was a great event, we had a wonderful time, and the money raised for DebRA of America will help our families.

But I was tired getting home so late, and decided not to set an alarm.

Turns out I didn't need to...

My daughter woke me up with "don't be mad". I replied "Then don't wake me up" but I was already awake. And the news was not good.

The non-prom option of a free concert ended with the car being towed. An event that surprised my daughter...

To bail out the car...$186.37...oh, it had to be cash, and they didn't have change...she would pay me back...this from the girl who received $120 to buy a prom dress, who then borrowed a dress that she didn't end up wearing... Did I get that money back? Of course not.

GOD GRANT ME PATIENCE...

So instead of laundry and lawn edging, I got to bail out the Land Rover. By the time I got home, it was raining again. I decided I was going to veg out with my son on the couch. My diet went out the window as I sat down to frozen pizza and Harry Potter (ABC Family was having a marathon) I am done being busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment