Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

In this year I have so much to be thankful for:
  1. healthy children- until you are in my line of work you really don't realize how important that really is...
  2. a loving man... Rick is good to me and for me. It is like I was waiting for him my whole life.
  3. a nice home- True, work remains to be done and the values have slipped, etc, but I love my home (even though it comes with too much grass) and think it is perfect for right now.
  4. good friends- The ones who cry with you, the ones who help see you through, the ones who call in the middle of the night cause they were thinking of you, the ones you have known forever and the ones you have yet to meet- Friends brighten the fabric of my life.
  5. rewarding work- while I hate that children suffer from this disease I cannot stand, and their parents have to struggle through even the simple things, I cannot imagine being able to make a bigger impact.
  6. a wonderful family- My dad- who has major surgery and thinks it is no big deal, my sister who is the best mother I will ever know, my siblings, my cousins who are as close as siblings, my aunt and uncle who made me a part of their family long ago, my 92 year old globe-trotting granny who shows us all what living should be, my mom in heaven who is deeply missed, regardless of being in a far better place

The recession, the trials, and the disappointments don't change the fact that I am blessed.

I am going to the mountains for a few peaceful days with my extended family and Rick asked what I wanted to do while we were there. It is funny- I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I just want to be with my family and relax, eat good food and play Trivial Pursuit, Scattegories, and a little Poker. I want to watch "Miracle on 34th Street", have pumpkin pie, and enjoy good company. But maybe a short trip to the pottery place and the carved wood place...Christmas is coming after all...

I will miss my kids who are spending the holiday with their NY branch of the family. Because of their absence, it will not be a perfect weekend. But it will be a good time had by all.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment