Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bring on the holidays

So what does a bad week look like?

Maybe it is a problem with a co-worker. Or not getting a raise because of the economy. Perhaps you were sick, or got sad news. It is possible you were disappointed about something or someone.

It was just one of those weeks…

I know how you feel.

I had one of THOSE weeks where the news went from bad to worse. And I was sad.

So what is a girl to do...I cried on a friend’s shoulder, I ate chocolate, drank amazingly good Irish tea (I am a tea snob even when I am down) and watched a new DVD.

Actually it was a compilation of old Christmas episodes of things like Bewitched, The Flying Nun and Father knows best, with a The Donna Reed Show thrown in for good measure.

Don’t get me wrong- even for me this was an early start to the Christmas rush. I normally start on the weekend of Thanksgiving. But I needed a little Christmas…and it worked.

That doesn’t mean that my unemployed loved ones have found new jobs yet… and I am still not getting a raise, but for just a couple of hours it was nice to visit a time where TV was ridiculously sentimental, men dressed and looked dapper, women had perfect hair and make-up, and reality was completely absent.

And I laughed.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs Geri. You have so much to be grateful for and are so deserving of everything you have:)

    ReplyDelete