Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Military

I never met Robert Gherman in person, but we corresponded while organizing care for a little boy in a war zone. He was a battalion surgeon in Iraq, and I was thousand of miles away in Cincinnati. I put him in touch with some physicians who could assist him, and sent supplies for him to give this little boy who had been without medical care.

A drop in the bucket?

Not to the boy's family.

There is a goodness in our military that seems to go unnoticed. Dr. Gherman was an OB/GYN in the States, and put his life on hold to serve. And he is not the only one. I am sure there are thousands of stories out there.

So tonight and tomorrow I will be praying for all our men and women in the armed services. Won't you join me? On Vetern's day, they deserve our thanks. Freedom is not free.

No comments:

Post a Comment