Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Saints Day

All Saints Day is a holiday meant to honor all the saints, known and unknown. There are over 10,000 named Saints and people have prayed for their intersession since 100AD. Catholics pray with the saint of their choosing, as a trusted friend.

All Souls Day- day of the dead- follows the next day. It is a commemoration of all those who died and praying for them is part of our faith. Like Mass cards...

Catholics celebrate All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day in the belief that we have a prayerful spiritual communion with those who have died and are either being purified in purgatory or are in heaven.

So...

I will go to Mass today. I will pray for those who have gone before me. Even if, in my heart of hearts, I know they are the ones giving me strength on my bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment