Thursday, November 29, 2012

Polar Plunge

Advice today from Kat Kinsman on CNN: Learn what makes you happy in the kitchen, the bedroom and the library and make those things happen as frequently as possible. See her full article here:  Lordy lordy, look who's 40

This was in relation to things to do when you are 40... Okay so I am a bit later than her getting going... But I am closing in on my "45 new things"  for the year I am 45... I signed up for my 38th new thing this week, God help me, and it is a big one...

As a fundraiser for the Special Olympics, I am going to do the Polar Plunge at Joe's Crab Shack on Groundhog's day. Yes, that will be me going swimming outdoors in February. And funny, none of my friends seem anxious to join me- they are all willing to watch me, but nobody wants to jump in.... How bad can it be?

My friend Donna has agreed to come and take photos at the event, which looks like it will be a great party.

You can donate on my page:

Geri's page

And if you are just dying to freeze for a good cause, registration is still open...

So keep your eyes peeled for pictures on February 3 (or 4th, depending on how long I take to thaw out). Seven new things to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment