Monday, November 12, 2012

Journal of Gratitude Day 12



I am standing upon that foreshore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails in the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "There! She has gone!" "Gone where?" "Gone from my sight, that's all." She is just as large in mast and spar and hull as ever she was when she left my side; just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at that moment when someone at my side says, "There! She has gone!" there are other eyes in other places and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"
(There is debate over who wrote it, maybe Victor Hugo or Henry Van Dyke...)

My Granny Moore (April 15th, 1917- November 12, 2012) passed away this morning. 34,911 days still seem not enough.   The message from my cousin Catherine was short:  "Granny has gone to God . She passed away about half an hour ago . Jim and Chris were with her , it was peaceful and swift at the end. Take care"   She had an amazing life and touched everyone with great love. Over 40 grandchildren, over 50 great-grandchildren and hundreds who may not have been related by blood but were still family will mourn alongside her children in the coming days...   I have been so blessed to have known and been loved by you.

1 comment:

  1. Geri, our prayers nad thoughts are with you and your family. Cathy & Randy

    ReplyDelete