Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Wednesday was the start of Thanksgiving for my family. Ann and Gail hosted 17 for dinner- 2 of their 3 children, with their children, my family and a family friend sat down for a wonderful meal. My contribution was Mayo and breadcrumbs, Liz brought 2 pies and we all ate turkey, ham and potatoes, with the odd vegetable.

Pies and other delicious desserts were next, and the out came Cranium.

What a game...

Now to say our lot is competitive is an understatement. Teams Chausmer/ Mancuso (Ellen, Big John and my John), Kelly/Kinnett (Me Liz and Ann), Dilhoff/Kinnett (Sarah Andy and Gail) and Chausmer Guys and Gals (Cheyanne, Nikaya, Shane and JC) all put forth valiant efforts, with even the younger kids getting in the act- who will forget Gail humming Joy to the World, or Caleb knowing "Rock-a bye baby". To say nothing of Andy portraying Tina Turner... Laughter rang through the house.

A good time was had by all.

Thursday afternoon was a smaller group of us at Ellen and John's house, more great food and a viewing of the comedian calling the Olympic sailing race:

Olympic Boat Race 2012

Laughter and joy...

Last night, Liz stood in line at Target starting at 8pm (Target opened at 9pm)  and scored a great door-buster deal on a giant TV for our family (I will have to edit this after Christmas) but it was beyond her budget so I went down to Target and paid for it. I thanked our lovely cashier for working on Thanksgiving.

I was surprised there were no huge checkout lines on "Black Friday", and I was home in bed by 10pm. (I am working today) Clearly not typical.

My first "Black Friday" shopping experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment