Friday, September 16, 2011

Week in Review

Friday, instead of going to the Hafla in Centerville Ohio, I dealt with my daughter’s bad car karma. Which means that I (with a great assist from Rick) jumped the Land Rover stranded on Route 4 (Mommy, you need a new battery…the guy told me). And can I say it started RIGHT up with NO hesitation. Made me wish I had tried jumping it myself before calling for back-up… cause I do not know how to change a battery.

Then it was off to the Monte (Mom, it is leaking gas). We brought a 5 gallon gas can and put in the gas. No leak. Best I can figure is she didn’t put the nozzle in all the way. God help me. At least the cars are all back at the house.

Saturday, I went to Zumba. Three people including the instructor, but such a good workout. LOVE Zumba.

Sunday was, as it has been for the ten years since, a sad day to reflect. Mass started with America the Beautiful, the goodbye breakfast at IHOP turned into a goodbye lunch at Panera when Liz was too tired to get up, and the Land Rover was dead again. I really hate that car.

Monday Liz was driven to the airport by her friend Regan. She flew to New York to start her life there. I did my first Body Sculpting class. I am not sure which hurt more.

Tuesday I weighed in and found out I am again in second place in this round of the Biggest Loser at work, and have in total lost over 23 pound since January. I did a test drive in a new civic (a girl can dream) and did my Cardio Dance Class cause Salsa was cancelled (cue sad face!). Then I went home and found out the Monte won’t start. Again.

Wednesday was belly-dancing and I was meant to be going back for a second round of Body Sculpting. Best laid plans. I stopped home for the hour layover to find my son, not feeling well and in serious need of snuggle time. As I snuggled him I opened the pile of neglected mail and found the pay- off letter on the Land Rover. What a good feeling!

Thursday after work, I filled up the Monte and it came back to life. My friends will test it out and may purchase it…Hooray. One less thing to worry about. And John and Ellen have a friend who is interested in some of my old furniture.

And today is Friday. The first night of skirt dancing. The first night of the weekend. I am a little sad they cancelled my line dancing class, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment