Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 5: Prayer: Jesus I say yes before I even know what your request will be today.

“Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:4-5)

Thought: The more we know God, the more we want to say yes to Him. The more we say yes to Him the more we realize there are divine opportunities to participate in His activity all around us. As we participate in loving others like Jesus does, our attitude becomes more and more like Jesus.

Activity: Today let’s be other’s focused. Let’s ask God for opportunities to honor Him by looking to the interest of others. Let other people in line ahead of us. Let the conversations be about the other person. Make our focus giving rather than receiving.


My friend and I talked this week while she was grocery shopping- she remarked that somebody left coupons on the shelf of an item she was buying. She thought it was strange. I remarked that since I started really using coupons, I often had coupons for items I didn't use, and would leave them on the shelf for the next person buying the product. It was a small thing on my end, but I liked to think it would bring a small smile to someone- a little random act of kindness.

Shouldn't the world be full of these small things? And be a better place because of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment