Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 1: Prayer: Jesus I want to see you.

Assignment from Lysa TerKeurst:

“Blessed are the pure in heart, they will see God.” (Matthew 5:8)

Thought: Remember a pure heart doesn’t mean a perfect person. If your pure intention is to see God, you will. While I can’t see the Lord’s physical form, I can see evidence of His activity all around me.

Activity: Ask God to open your eyes to the many things in your life that speak to His presence. Look for and record evidence of God around you. Today, start a thankful journal listing the many things around you for which you are thankful. It’s amazing, the more we recognize even the smallest things as gifts from God, the more we start to realize how present He is in our lives.


So my blessings and gifts from God... In no real order

The rain and cool days of fall after such a very hot summer (and did I mention my central air does not work?) Hot coffee and Halls for the tickle in my throat. My sweet son, who is growing up so very fast and yet still needs me. Our loving cat, my too far away daughter, the home I love (even if it needs a good vacuum...

Good friends, amazing collegues, work that is inspiring even when it breaks my heart... My sweet amazing baby sister, my family... kindness, laughter... the color in my life. Good books, hot tea, Zumba...

He is all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment