Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 4: Prayer: Jesus I want to follow hard after you.

“Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” (Psalm 86:11)

Thought: Is there something dividing your heart and distracting you from seeing, hearing and knowing God more? Pray a courageous prayer. Ask God what is one distraction you could distance yourself from today to more fully embrace an awareness of Him? Is it facebook? Eating unhealthy foods? Soda? Needing attention from another person? A material possession? Whatever it is, spend a day fasting from your distraction.

Activity: Each time you think of what you’ve given up, use that as a trigger to pray Psalm 86:11.


"Give me the strenght to say goodbye and forgive myself the tears I cry..." I wrote those words over a decade ago, when I first learned I could love someone more than myself, put his needs before my own. They are ringing in my ears again...

Can it be time? Again God raises his voice.

Another opportunity to let go, move on, and know love sometimes means saying goodbye...

So today, this first new day, I will focus on the needs not the wants. I will start again the tasks I have let fall away. I will move forward. I will strive to do better for myself and my family. And I will patiently wait for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment