Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a Day...

First thing Saturday morning, I took my son John to the airport in Northern Kentucky, and said goodbye to him as he and his father headed to New York City for the summer. I didn't cry or embarrass him. George gave me a gift for Liz and I was off...

I went home, showered and changed, did the everyday house cleaning stuff... got to fit it in where you can. I looked longingly at my pool, wishing I could dive in. Liz arrived home with hair and make-up done looking so beautiful. She rushed to get ready as the graduates had to be there by twelve. I ate a sensible lunch, put on my high heels (A BIG MISTAKE) and headed to Xavier to watch my baby graduate from high school.

Did I mention it was HOT!!

I arrived, as instructed by my daughter at 2pm and had to park half a mile away from the Cintas Center. So me, in my heels, on a very hot day, had to hike across to get to the Center.

And discovered I would be standing through the ceremony.

In heels.

My feet hurt already.

I watched as Liz and her friends went up for their diplomas...I was miles away and took a bunch of photos of them- at the distance you can't tell it is them, but I know my kids.

After the crowd moved outside, I met up briefly with Liz, who was going to graduation parties- hers isn't till next week.

I walked back to the car. My feet were on fire. I could feel the blisters on the arches and toes. I felt like I was melting.

Luckily my Honda has amazing A/C.

Since I was way too early for Lyle's party, my next stop was Barnes and Noble, across from Smokey Bones. I sat and had coffee in the cafe area and resisted the urge to take off my shoes, knowing full well I would never get them on again.

The flaw in my logic of hanging out in the book store was, of course, that it was a book store...An hour and a hundred dollars later, I went over to Smokey Bones for the party.

Lyle was stunned to see all of us- he really had not expected the crowd at dinner, and he was delighted to get his Ipad (well really an IOU for the one being delivered next week)

After dinner it was off to the Back Porch for adult beverages (no, I did not drive home) and the night just flew by. A good time had by all...

No comments:

Post a Comment