Monday, June 20, 2011

The Feast!

Okay, in New York we call the church carnivals with all the food and rides and games of chance The (fill in church name here) feast... Because it is the feast day of whichever Saint the Church is named after. And I think it is a Catholic Church thing.

Here, they are called Festivals...festive atmosphere...I get it.

They last for three days- Friday thru Sunday, and the goals are to have a great time and spend money, not necessarily in that order.

I attended the St Gabriel's feast over the weekend and had a great time, and even stayed with the healthier choices- grilled corn instead of the cheezeburger and fries. I listened to the band, lost a bit of money at the blackjack table, and actually ran into someone I know- this rarely happens to me in Ohio, so it was a pleasent surprise.

I met some friends, was introduced to their friends, and before I knew it the festival was over, it was 11:30pm and the girls I was driving home were STARVING.

Steak and Shake it was...

So by the time we ate, I dropped the girls home and drove home myself, it was 1:30am Sunday morning.

8am Mass came early, let me tell you...

Can't wait till the next Feast...Festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment