Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Miracle Arrival

After the return of my insurance check due to a missing endorsement, I found out from my insurance agent that my mortgage holder, in addition to the check required:

1) the appraisal of damages
2) a notarized affidavit stating these damages were true and accurate

Without these items, they would not endorse the check.

Fine.

I found the appraisal. I got the affidavit of the damages notarized. Sent it to the appropriate department and waited a week.

And the check was sent back to me WITHOUT A SIGNATURE. They had put the Nationstar stamp on it. They even wrote in my name.

Then they mailed it back to me without a signature.

Seriously?!?!

All they had to do was sign it and they screwed it up?!?!

I was IRATE calling the department. Someone took the time to stamp the check and write my name then sent it back UNSIGNED! How do these people have a job when so many are out of work?

I could send it back overnight mail (at my own expense) and they would sign it and overnight the check to me.

I mailed the check back…and waited…over a week… Did I mention the office is one town south of mine? So I call to find out if they received the check- yes it was received- yes it was endorsed- and yes it was mailed back…regular mail…

I wrote to the CEO of Nationstar. They sell mortgages all the time. I begged him to sell mine. I miss Flagstar...I loved Flagstar...

I got the check in the mail yesterday- and it is endorsed. It can be deposited.

A Miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment