Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Update

So I have lost 12.2 pounds, even with backslides, bad days and an ice cream cake taking up residence in my freezer.

Talk about challenging. I am in Second Place in our Work version of The Biggest Loser and really want to win.

And I have completed my first full week of exercise classes. My legs hurt, my knees protest, but there is no stopping me now.

Tai Chi is a little bit more New Age than I am used to, but since I am trying new things and I worked up a sweat, I will stick with it.

Salsa- with, of all things, a male instructor, made my calves burn. I am really bad- can’t move my top with my bottom never mind the Cuban movement- but it was great moving to the music.

Belly-dancing is really difficult- my body just doesn’t move that way at all. And I don’t know that it ever will. But Lindsey, Heather and I made it to the end of the hour…I don’t want to talk about how sore I was after.

I stayed for the dance after my swing class in Covington. Bruce and I cut a rug and had a great time. I am starting to get the hang of it, finally. And with Bruce’s help, I may learn to blow glass this summer.

The big surprise was Zumba- WOW! It was the Cardiac Workout it promised to be but our instructor was so much fun! Lindsey and I had a great time. And at almost 1000 calories a workout, it was INTENSE. Can’t wait for next Saturday.

I have just finished Chapter 4 of Made to Crave and Chapter 5 of The Fitting Room.

What are you doing for yourself this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment