Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Election 2012

On Facebook, Lysa TerKeurst wrote:

I read a quote this morning that said, "The tongue weighs practically nothing, but few people can hold it." How true! But Proverbs 18:21 reminds us, "The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."

It seems to me this wise advice is missed by many in the social media.

I am fine with everyone having their own opinion and we live in a great country where you can say what you think.

But...

It is disheartening to me how so many are so ugly.

Hurtful...

I started to read a piece written about why the author didn't like ____.

And stopped half-way.

He was not writing about a candidate I would vote for...but was so ugly... I chose to stop reading.

I don't need more ugly in my life. I want beauty and love and kindness, and agreement to disagree...

I am counting the days till we have something else to talk about.

Election 2012 has left a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment