Wednesday, October 3, 2012

African Safari 2013

I won a safari to Africa.


But not really.

I am going to Africa.

It sounds a little unreal. I am really excited and still don’t quite believe it. I have wanted to go to Africa since I was a little girl. I thought getting married on safari in Africa would be the way to go in college. I asked for a Peace Corps assignment in Africa. It is a lifelong dream.

But now I am really, actually going to go.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I am going to Africa, really, after bidding on a safari in a silent auction for Debra of America www.debra.org. I was the second highest bid, and in an act of extreme generosity, the company who offered the item, Zulu Nyala www.zulunyalagroup.com, opted to donate two trips instead of just one.

OH MY GOD!!!

I have to pay airfare and for other incidentals, but this is going to be the trip of a lifetime! This is the auction description:

“Experience the magic of South Africa - 6 days/6 nights lodging, 3 meals daily prepared by international chefs and 2 guided game viewing tours each day. Winner chooses from 4 different accommodations; Luxury Hemingway-style Tents, Heritage Safari Lodge, Nyati/Ndlovu Lodges, or Zulu Nyala Lodge. Situated in the heart of Zululand and St. Lucia/Sodwana Bay Marine Reserve/Lubombo Corrido - one of the richest wildlife conservation regions in Africa. Take extraordinary photographs while experiencing the thrill of up close viewing of some of the most spectacular wildlife on the continent. Professional game rangers will take you on guided tours in open viewing vehicles throughout the Zulu Nyala reserve and to the set locations from the feature film, "I Dreamed of Africa" (2000). Auction item does not include airfare.”

I already called my best travel buddy. I scheduled my travel medicine consultation.

I am going to Africa. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment