Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bad Movies

My family has a long history of watching BAD movies all the way to the end, in hopes that the story will, in the end, prove worthy of being watched. Sadly, though, we often step away declaring the last hour and a half as time wasted that we are never getting back.

Vanishing Point is a good example. Made in 1971, the movie consists of a man driving through the desert...

Vanishing Point, a movie my father rented more than 23 times, was GOD-AWFUL, but each time he saw the name on the movie list, it sounded cool and came home with him again. His memory was terrible... is terrible. We finally had them put a note on our account sleeve saying he wasn't allowed to rent it any more.

I actually paid money to see Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man... bad does not begin to describe it.  And don't get me started on Unforgiven... Clint- I am STILL unhappy and it was 1992 when I saw it...

So when I recently got the "3 premium movie stations free for 3 months" with my new carrier, I knew there was potential to find some less than exciting movies.

But I have seen some just awful rubbish. And some of these films have great actors I LOVE. So disappointing! Just glad I didn't pay $10 for them. More proof I should not pay for premium movie channels...

Here is just a sample:

Rachel is getting married- I should have followed my instinct and stopped watching after 10 minutes. Anne Hathaway- WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! Hopefully Fantine will redeem you...

Hope Springs- Really Colin? Really? After being Mr. Darcy and the King?

5-Year Engagement- Not funny, went nowhere, 124 minutes of my life that I am NEVER GETTING BACK! Emily Blunt, I am ashamed of you. I loved Young Victoria and this was purely a waste of time.

War Horse- the brutality of war with a horse... Perplexing.

So what movie did you sit and watch when you should have changed the channel?


No comments:

Post a Comment