Thursday, April 5, 2012

A "New" Game

Last night, I went to visit my cousin, Kat who drove in from the East Coast with her mom and kids to see our aunt and the family here.

My cousin is my age, but looks much younger. (She still gets proofed buying wine) We were best friends as children, and it was lovely for my family to spend the evening with her and her children. We chatted about when we were young, how her older brother had saved us from a rip tide, how she nearly fell out my bedroom window as a child... It occurred to us that nothing short of a miracle got us to adulthood.

And her (reallly far too old already) daughter introduced us to Catchphrase. Similar to Password but with an element of hot potato, the ticking timer goes quicker as time winds down...

Hillarious how your mind goes blank when there is a word you can't say.... And it is easier to play when you know each other well. When Kat said "What Stella did..." I knew immdiately "got her groove back"...

So it is on my wish list. As are more visits from my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment