Monday, January 2, 2012

Treasures

As part of my latest attempt to declutter, I came across a file box that has likely been tucked away in a corner of the basement for the last 4+ years.

It was like finding buried treasure.

My journal from my trip to Europe 20 years ago...

My journal from my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer...

My very first short story...

All the family tree paper work. Which needs updating in a big way. Four years may not sound like much of a lag time in recording, but I have 38 cousins on my mom's side, so somebody is always having a baby...

Also, I found all my research papers from school- most are only copies, as I went to school before the computer age, and had my papers typed, cause the nuns in High School told me I would never need typing class- "You aren't going to be a secretary, dear..."

Not taking typing remains one of my big High School regrets, along with falling asleep on Jones Beach after Prom and getting sunburned, missing graduation at St. Patrick's Cathedral because of the sunburn, well, you get the picture.

It was a delight looking at all of these snapshots from my life. Some of my clutter is not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment