Thursday, January 5, 2012

"I'm a mom. What is your superpower?"

I am currently reading Kristen Welch's book, "Don't Make Me Come Up There!" and she is so much fun. She has planned out that the next time someone asks her what she does all day as a stay at home momma:

"I'm a mom. What is your superpower?"

You know those moms- the ones who go to stuff at school that I am lucky I know about, never mind attending. They always have a spare poster board on the night before a project I never knew about is due- and are willing to share. They loan their husbands to cut grass or fix cars or lift heavy things... They pick up your child for Cub Scouts because you are working late AGAIN!

I love these mammas.

They cook for real. They take care of their homes and children, and sometimes my home and my children. They bake cupcakes for school- I buy mine at Meijer. They volunteer in classrooms, grow gardens and can veggies, knit and make beautiful memories for their children. They drive to practice and games and lessons.

I thank God for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment