Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Saint's day

All Saints Day is a holiday meant to honor all the saints, known and unknown. We celebrate today.

All Souls Day- day of the dead- is tomorrow and celebrates all who have gone ahead of us. All my EB angels and all those loved ones I have said goodbye to... "Till we meet again..."

Catholics celebrate All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day in the fundamental belief that there is a prayerful spiritual communion between those in the state of grace who have died and are either being purified in purgatory or are in heaven. The priest discussed how this is the one holy day that is all about us. That sainthood is sometimes a lifetime of quietly helping others.

In our little chapel in the A building, I prayed for those who have gone before me. Even if, in my heart of hearts, I know they are the ones giving me strength on my bad days. Today was about thanking them, with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment