Monday, November 14, 2011

Stuff and space

When Kristen Strong wrote about wanted a smart phone, but God telling her it was not time, I laughed- Me and my flip phone feel you really. And I would do all that cool “click her to read the article” stuff if I had any idea how, but let’s face it. I am a low tech blogger. I mean when is the last time I uploaded a photo?

I digress…

The November 14, 2011 It’s Not for You, Sweet Thing on incourage.me reminded me of God encouraging me to do without. My spending fast attempts have been just pitiful, but at least now I am HYPER aware of my overspending.

I actually sat in a car and considered getting another loan to purchase it… What is wrong with me? I just paid off my last car nightmare, and I almost jumped in with both feet… Again! I walked away, but only barely…

I landscaped my desperate front lawn… A need, not a want… but a boatload of money just the same. It looks great and God is doing a great job of keeping it watered so far… though I thought I saw a little weed this morning that will be a goner this evening if I have my way.

I did take-out food twice this weekend… too lazy to be creative in the kitchen… and it was junky take-out at that. I let my daughter do the grocery shopping and some staples were overlooked. So much for delegating…

At least the news is not all bad. I went to the library instead of the bookstore. Goodwill got 7 boxes of crap that used to live in my house. And after working at it yesterday, I think I have another 2-3 ready to go.

My giant laundry room, AKA the household dumping ground, where all old things go to die, is starting to show signs of having a floor again (don’t ask how high the laundry pile was- I am so embarrassed I would have to lie) And the counter where you are supposed to fold the clothes (except it is usually piled high with clean clothes) is actually functional again. The goal to have to space emptied and organized by Christmas… 40 days… Yikes!

And my garage- I just do not know where all the stuff is coming from. I will need a U-haul to get it all to Goodwill. Not to mention some folks with more upper body strength than me.

George Carlin was right… A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it- and since I will not be expanding the cover any time soon, I need to shrink the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment