Thursday, November 24, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

As the first event of the Christmas season, Thanksgiving is an opportunity to say “thank you” for all we have. And we have so much… Electricity, in-door plumbing, washing machines… the list of modern conveniences goes on and on… So where to start… As this was a rough year for me, I am starting with a “Thank you” to everyone who I called in a moment of panic, crying in grief, angry beyond reason or laughing so hard it was difficult to breath. It is great to have such loving friends … So I am thankful you answered my calls… I am thankful for my children, that they are with me, healthy… Doing what I do, and seeing what I see, this is such a huge thing… I am thankful for my health and everyone helping me on my healthy journey… from joining me at Zumba to cheering my finally healthier choices… the support makes it possible. I am thankful to have work I love, a home I will (God willing) own one day, and a life full of good things. Health insurance… cable… landscaping… Tony Stewart...my beautiful bathroom… books that make me laugh out loud (John still thinks it is weird but there you go…) Life is good. Please pass the stuffing…

No comments:

Post a Comment