Saturday, October 15, 2011

6574 is the magic number

I have been a mom for 6574 days. My firstborn arrived this morning, 18 years ago, and I stopped being who I used to be and became a mom... It has been an amazing journey. I am so much smarter, no, wiser than I was all those years ago. And she is the longest love affair I have ever had- she has been the love of my life- even when she is the root cause of my craziest day.

I love you Elizabeth.

I probably don't say that enough. Between harping about personal responsibility- AKA Clean up your room! When will you do you wash? and pushing her to do all the things that need doing- doing homework, getting to work, etc... I just don't know if the love is always visable.

It is always there. And has been. For 6574 days and counting.

I guess she may not really see it until she is in the middle of it with her own child.

Happy Birthday my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment