Monday, July 11, 2011

Laughing out loud...

After Zumba Saturday morning, the Hohweiler girls came to spend the day- swimming and dinner at Applebee’s with Harry Potter on the small screen as a finale. We watched the first half of the Deadly Hallows again, to be ready for Thursday night/Friday morning. We all cried again over poor little Dobby. I know, I am a big baby.

After they headed home, I watched Kyle Busch win in Kentucky, while Jimmie came in 3rd. Apparently, I had the best seat in the house- no 5 hour traffic jam- my friends only got seated in time to see the last 75 laps. Then there were folks being turned away from the speedway even with tickets. No Parking…Can you say PISSED? I am amazed there wasn’t a riot.

Having been to Bristol- all I can say is the excuses given don’t wash. And they have lost some loyal fans, from the looks of the social media world. Denny Hamlin was funny though… “Good news bad news/ bad news is I’m prolly not gonna make the drivers meeting in 3 hrs because I’m in this traffic with everyone else … Good news, I’m starting in the back anyway.”

It is good to keep your sense of humor…

Speaking of sense of humor… My garbage disposal stopped working. I know, how many appliances does that make this year? I refuse to count anymore…

So since the dishwasher, which is on the same plug, is still working, I don’t think the power source is the problem.

Emphasis on THINK.

Having already consulted the two electrical geniuses I know, I am fairly certain I need a new unit.

So, even though I know he is on vacation (either New Mexico or Glacier Park), I left a message for Tony (my own version of Mike Holmes) to pencil me in when he gets back from wherever…

As a New Yorker, I can tell you, living with no garbage disposal is not a hardship to me- did without one my whole life till I moved here five years ago, and I am sure I could live out the rest of my days without one and do quite nicely.

However, my dishwasher is somehow interconnected and so, whatever the problem is, I am having dishwasher back-up in my sink. Thank God I have a REALLY deep kitchen sink. Yeah, Tony picked it out.

I was telling the girls that this year has been so bad, when Tony answers my calls, his first words are, “Girl, what’s broken now?”

He really needs a vacation.

And I am keeping my sense of humor…

No comments:

Post a Comment