Saturday, March 6, 2010

The kids

So I am sure everyone brags about their kids- it is natural, we all think our kids are the best on the planet. I, like many, wonder and worry about what the future holds for my two major contributions to this world of ours. What great things will they do?

This is my favorite Cub scout and youngest child- sporting a recently lost tooth as well as a cheesy smile. He gives the best hugs, does all of his chores and is a big hearted little man.

My teenager is kind and amazingly beautiful- it really is hard to believe I had a hand in creating this beauty. She is a girlie girl- so not me- and I was never that thin and shapely... ever.

My children can exhaust me, exasperate me, and drive me crazy at times (though some might argue I was crazy to begin with)- when the light sabers and clothes litter his floor and she has an assignment that still isn't done at 11pm.

All that matters not at all when I get my hug and kiss goodnight, or when a quiet child slips under my covers asking me to sing the song that brings sleep. Parenting is hard. But it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment