Thursday, January 29, 2015

Directv and Free Movies, continued...

Some more things we have been watching... 


Chasing Papi (2003) The successful and handsome wolf executive of the cosmetic industry Thomas Fuentes has three sexy Latin girlfriends: in Miami, the waitress Cici; in Chicago, the intellectual lawyer Lorena; and in New York, the "daddy's girl" Patricia. When the three women decide to visit him in Los Angeles, Thomas is in a big trouble.

My take- this is a funny, silly movie that I enjoyed

The Monuments Men (2014) An unlikely World War II platoon is tasked to rescue art masterpieces from Nazi thieves and return them to their owners.

My take- I can totally relate to the guy trying to speak  French and being told repeatedly to stop... I loved the story of saving culture, one picture and statue at a time. It is hard to imagine people setting fire to great works of art.

Also, I watched Sons of Liberty and I must say, it was a great addition what I knew of the time frame, but the miniseries John Adams went into much more detail of the shift from colonies to country.

No comments:

Post a Comment