Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pearl Jam

 So a man I have worked with, Alex Silver, invited me to take my family to go see Pearl Jam when they were in Cincinnati. Alex raises money to support Epidermolysis Bullosa research, and it is my field and now Eddie Vedder and his wife have joined Alex and his wife in raising money to find the cure. (to learn more about EB, go to DebRA or EBRP)

We were seated in the Penalty box...

  
Rachel and Liz were ready

Dave joined us, and then the Stage Manager came over to us. Maxx, Jason and I were going backstage....


Eddie gave me a big hug and said he had heard good things about me... (Thanks Alex!) So we talked about EB, the doctors I work with, got a few pictures and Eddie gave Maxx some guitar picks...


We were ready for Pearl Jam




My babies



The show was awesome!


I loved  the ballads.


Then this happened... Eddie Vedder talked about Epidermolysis Bullosa.... about the researchers trying to find a cure in Minnesota and Stanford, about the amazing care given to patients with EB at Cincinnati Children's... We were on the big screen as he talked research for EB and then he introduced me to the stadium... He dedicated "Given to Fly" to me and the Greggs who were with us.

Still cannot believe... Best night ever- I will never be able to thank Dave enough for filming that amazing moment so I could share it.




1 comment: