Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The List

Micah Six Eight: The List:

Have you ever considered turning your life inside out? Changing your routine, needs, wants... everything in every way?

Have you ever considered fostering a child in need? Adopting a child in need?

My family has been talking about it for years and last summer I completed the course training to become a foster cargiver. The home study (which is a LONG complicated process) is coming along... baby steps still, but a little closer to finished.

I talk regularly to folks who are fostering, and all the stories match what are training talked about- these kids are special, and need different things than the kids who have grown up in my home.

And then I read the list.

Wow!

The insight should be mandatory reading for everyone considering adopting or fostering children. I am in awe of the folks who put it together and shared it. Today I am sharing it as well. A powerful reminder of how different children can be due to how they were raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment