Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mr. Right...


Today is Valentine's Day, and for each of my children I got a small token of my love. I have been pondering love for a while now. I have not been in a relationship for over two years and really wonder about if there will be a next time... and what I really want.

Worship: Who or what does he worship in the shrine of his heart?

Words: Do his words (spoken and written) build others up or tear them down?

Character: Who is he when no one else is looking?

Personality: Who is he around other people?

Interests: What kinds of things does he do to recharge?

Feelings: Do you feel better about yourself when he’s around?

Attraction: Is your attraction to him centered around something that will stay over time?

I read this list a long time ago, but am no longer sure where it came from. Today I decided to revisit the list. It is pretty sound advice- but you know me, why take sound advice the first time it is offered...

After spending  a good deal of time with some gentlemen who were, in many ways good men, but did not fit me, I dusted off the list.  I have dated a number of these men (Yes, I dated a few not good men as well, no need to bring them up...) None of them stood the test of time.

So now I am trying to be on my own, and remind myself that what I am looking for, and what I deserve, is a man who has God in his heart and is kind in both word and deed to everyone in his life. He is always a man to be respected and admired because he is rightous. He will have things that make him happy and have buddies who care about him and share his interests and he will welcome me into that world. I will be a better me when he is a part of my world because I will feel safe, loved and honored. And what I will love will be the things that are hard to put into words...

I hope to live up to all he deserves from a loving partner.

And here's to hoping we run into each other at some point and live happily ever after... or something like that...

Happy Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment