Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog's day

Punxsutawney Phil may have predicted an early Spring, but it has been snowing here all morning.

My doctor shut down any hope of my Polar Plunge... "Against medical advice" and such things were thrown around... so I planned to stay home. I do not like being under the weather and it has already made me miss two of my 45 new things... so I am grumpy.

After my son's dental appointment, I cleaned up an bit and settled in with a good book to wait for the Dish Newtwork guy. We were getting TV service put in and the window was between 1pm and 4pm. We had been a week without TV after problems with Cincinnati Bell, and tried to have Dish come out, as we were happy with their service in the past, but after screwing up the time window AND my order, I cancelled the order.

At least Direct TV acknowledged I had ordered internet.

217 pages later, my phone rang- the Direct TV folks promise a call 30 minutes before the tech is meant to arrive- and the woman explained she had not been able to reach my tech... I asked why she was calling... "Well, you have the option of rescheduling..."

I declined as that would mean another week without service, and I just didn't think my kids would survive it on top of not having internet- which is being installed next weekend.

It wasn't until the tech arrived at 4:20pm that I understood the issue.

Tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday. He had 4 service calls on top of the 4 installs he had scheduled.

Direct TV sent in urgent service calls to be priority added to the tech work load. Which put me and my install at the bottom of the pile. Because heaven forbid you not be able to see the Superbowl...

So Danny, the BEST TECH IN THE WORLD, corrected the mistake in my order (do not get me started) and began the project. I had to cancel plans for dinner and a movie with John  and his friends as the install was going to be 3-3.5hrs, not the 2-2.5hrs I had planned on, which made my son an unhappy boy.

And now we have DVR power in 4 rooms, and free movie channels for 3 months and we will have movies on demand Saturday when the internet is installed.

And it will be a fortune and right this minute, I do not care. Sherlock Homles 2 is on in a few minutes... and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment