Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DWTS

It is really crunch time now... Double elimination and Three-ways this week... Another perfect 30...

The Quarter-final is here.


After Monday night, this is what my thoughts were:

My choices for top three in the finals: Donald Driver, Maria Menounos, William Levy

My choices for bottom two this week: Melissa Gilbert, Roshon Fegan, Katherine Jenkins

It isn’t that I don’t think Katherine isn’t an amazing dancer- she just may not have the fan base to keep her alive. In my opinion she is a huge underdog.

So about the stars:

Donald said it best about the quarter finals: “You either go to the semifinals or you’re going to see Jimmy Kimmel and I ain’t ready to see Jimmy…” Dancing for his life, he was powerful in his first dance and then came the two girl Jive. It was a hoot- wow!

Maria & Derek danced a Viennese Waltz to the song “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri. “ I would die every day waiting for you… I love you for a thousand years…” The dancing was lovely and the song made me cry. The Bollywood number was wildly creative in my mind and the choreography was really challenging and I think Maria and her boys were just wonderful. If it needed more Samba content, I didn’t care.

William did a fine foxtrot, although he seemed nervous to me. The Paso was impressive and I thought risking cape work in unison after it went wrong in the group dance was impressive. And who can’t see William as Zorro…

Katherine's Viennese Waltz was so elegant but they should have done without the lift- Katherine’s fear showed in the lead-up. It was not a good move for them- they are better at content than tricks. Katherine’s Cha Cha costume mishap showed her to be unflappable- she just kept on dancing while her pants leg was stuck to her foot. I really wish she could win.

Roshon Fegan got high scores for his foxtrot and his Paso Doble with Chelsie and Sasha was brilliant. (And I liked that some of the professionals gave troupe members time in the spotlight.) They rotated and highlighted all of Roshon’s skill (running on your knees cannot be easy even when you are young). Len’s line of the night: "You were like two skinny fries chasing the ketchup." Two fries chasing the Ketchup? I still don’t know what that means.

Melissa Gilbert’s Foxtrot got off to a rocky start but once she relaxed it was strong and she looked beautiful – it had a high level of difficulty that I think she pulled off with grace. And Melissa’s Samba with Maks and Val has to be every girl’s dream scenario. I’m sure women everywhere were wishing they had that chance. Hot, classy- not mutually exclusive. It ended with one of Gilbert's hands on both brothers' bottoms. Now that is the way to go out on DWTS.

Because, yes folks, Melissa went home. And Roshon went home… because somebody has to go home.

And I have no idea who will be the last one standing. It is too close to call...



No comments:

Post a Comment