Monday, May 14, 2012

Cancelled

The cancellation list is out once again, and I know there are views that are brokenhearted that nobody else liked the crap you loved. Happens to me all the time. I tune in, get into it, and then I am left high and dry…


To prevent disappointment, I often wait a couple (or five) years before committing to a show. NCIS and Bones had both been on for YEARS before I tuned in. Of course, they are nearing the end, just like House and CSI Miami, but at least all four will live on in syndication. But what about the newbies?

First season cancellations are a running joke in my family… If my younger sister likes a show I am watching, they cancel it. If she thinks it is the best show ever…it is a goner. There are rare exceptions. She failed to kill LOST and The Good Wife, and ER lasted ten years… sorry, I digress.

Yesterday, I learned that three more of my favorite newbies got chopped (Prime Suspect was an early goner in January). You know I called her. She claims that Unforgettable and The Finder were not her fault… She never watched them. Well apparently my son and I were the only folks who did. So Carrie will never find out who killed her sister and Walter will stay in jail, and Leo will always regret not saving Willow…

GCB- now that one is my sister’s fault. And okay maybe it was an over the top look at the far right, but it was FUNNY! I was totally ready for more. Ain’t gonna happen. What is a girl to do?

At least now there is the option of buying the only season of these favorites on Amazon… So even though they will never be in syndication, it is possible to visit them periodically when the mood strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment