Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DWTS

Reality television really is not my thing. With one notable exception. I absolutely love Dancing with the Stars. I have watched since the first season, and love the concept- take someone who doesn't and teach them to dance...

This week it was the foxtrot or the cha-cha. And here are the stars in the order they appeared:

Marie Menounos from E! I had no idea who she was, and since her dancing of the cha-cha is only so-so, I predict an early departure.

Jack Wagner- Can I tell you how much I loved this man in 198_: pick a year?!?! And my boy Frisco Jones, who serenaded my teen self, has aged poorly. And that is being kind. He was a little stiff dancing, but I don't know if it was just nerves. Still don't see him making it to the semi-finals.

Donald Driver (Green Bay Packer)Now this boy can dance! WOW. The first to rock the house! He was awesome. He will be around for a while.

Gavin DeGraw (Singer/ Songwriter)Has a hit "Not over you" that I have never heard. He was charming and gentle and has a lovely smile. There is a tenderness there. Just not sure how long it will carry him.

Roshon Fagan is a Disney actor/rapper, and someone else I had never heard of before last night (though my son knew exactly who he was). He is no Romeo, but is talented none the less. Just a little too hip/hop for ballroom.

Sherri Shepard (The View)"God is GOOD" was her comment after being encouraged by her partner Val to rub his butt. She is fun, but I am not sure she will have enough votes to continue when so many are so much better.

Melissa Gilbert, or in my world, Laura Ingalls, danced a difficult routine in a skin tight body suit with tassels and was great. She wore heels that were wickedly high (and considering her spinal fusion I was surprised). Not the best but not the worst, I think she will show improvement.

William Levy (Hot Novela star)Why, oh why did I ever stop watching novelas? This was a reminder of what I have been missing. Even dancing in his grandmother's shoes! Hopefully he will be in it to the end.

Martina Navratilova was lovely but so so nervous. Another one at the bottom of the board, and not unjustly.

Katherine Jenkins(Classical Singer)was graceful poised and a brilliant dancer. Sadly, her lack of a US voting pool may bring her depature far earlier than is fair.

Gladys Knight was stunning in Red and I only hope to move twenty years from now as well as she did. Her fame may be her biggest asset.

Jaleel White(Steve Urkel)was campared to Gregory Hines. I totally agree.

With only six points seperating the top and bottom of the leader board, ANYONE could go home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment