Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Psalm 34:18

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

God has a way of raising his voice when I am sad. When I feel all broken in pieces. When I am so lonely and my soul aches.

Or maybe I am just more aware of His efforts when I am so needy.

So, as hard as it is for me to believe, it has been six months since I was part of a "we". I am not looking for someone to take over the other half of my "we" at present, but I do still miss the feeling of it...the safety... the love... the support...

But God is with me...holding my hand... wiping away those tears that still cascade on the difficult days...

I have not moved on, but I have moved forward.

I am dieting, dancing, and going to Mass- building on my relationship with God. I am making an effort to do a better job guiding my teenager, instead of always critizing... I am making an effort to live up to my resolution of decluttering my home...

Progress... one little step at a time.

I have come a long way since February...but I feel I still have a really long way to go...

And now a spending fast...focused on needs instead of the wants we always seem so focused on...

Every Journey begins with a first step...

No comments:

Post a Comment