Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Richard Bach

Author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Mr. Bach was an author I found during my college years. After an incredibly difficult break-up, from a man I thought I would marry, I read "The Bridge Across Forever". At a time I could not sleep and was physically worn down, sick in body and spirit, his voice transcended my despair.

It is not a book everyone would enjoy, but I found it at a time when it gave me incredible comfort. I remember reading the astonishing quote on the cover-

....If you've ever felt alone in a world of strangers, missing someone you've never met, you'll find a message from your love in "The Bridge Across Forever"

It was like a splash of very cold water, and I remember writing in the book, over and over (something I rarely do outside of textbooks)as I tried to capture the wisdom and bring myself to peace.

You do really find the teacher when you are ready for the lesson. And while the "perfect" love story ended, I still loved the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment