Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Vigil Mass

The message from Lyle came on Holy Thursday:

Hey Geri what you doing this saturdayEaster visual is this Saturday and wanted to see if you would come see me get baptized at 730pm at St Gabriel's. Peggy Jerry Heather and Nikki, Coleen & Chris will be there and maybe Rick if he gets back in time. Heather and Lindsey are singing that night, too. Thanks. It would mean a lot if you could make it.

So I went and met Lindsey and Lyle in the lobby of the Church at about 7:15pm last Saturday. We went up to his row and then Jerry and Nikki joined me. Rick and Brenda arrived next, just as I mentioned to Lindsey that my son, on hearing the Mass was going to go beyond the 45 minutes door-to door, opted to skip the service. Rick asked us just how long the service would be... with 5 readings and responsorial psalms it was going to be a while.

Lindsey and Heather each sang a response, Peggy was up front with Lyle as his sponsor, and Rick, camera in hand, captured the night.

I sang along with the hymms, we lit our candles and then we watched as Lyle was first baptized, then confirmed into the Catholic Church. And me, a regular Scarlet O'Hara, without a hankie! So Proud! Finally, he received First Communion.

The Mass ended at just past 10:30pm, and pictures were taken, then we all went out to eat and celebrate.

Oh, and they picked a wedding date: June 15,2013...I wonder how they will be able to wait so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment