Sunday, February 6, 2011

1258 days

On August 26th, 2007, I met a wonderful man, and over the course of 3 years and 5 months, he became family to me.

Our relationship ended on February 3rd 2011 at his request. No big fight, no angry confrontation. Just tears on both sides. He is so sorry. I am crushed. I hurt like I am dying.

Tonight was the stuff exchange- returning the bits and pieces of a shared life. A hairbrush, swim trunks. More tears.

He is sure. He needs to do this. My dreams/desires/wants/needs- he is so sorry. In a way I understand. Life is too short to be unhappy. But I was so happy...so content...so at peace with us being "we". I never saw this coming.

I am not even angry. That would be easier. I still love him so much I can't breathe- thinking about never being in his arms again. My stomach is knotted up. I have cried for four days. And I can't see the end of my overwhelming sadness.

The status change on Facebook, telling people- it breaks my heart all over again.

I hope he finds what's missing... I hate the thought that all this pain will serve no purpose. I don't want him to settle, cause I wouldn't. But he was everything to me. And now it is over. And I am living in HELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment