Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Reading Challenge

So Book Riot has a reading challenge that I am going to try. The list is as follows:

A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
A book written by someone when they were over the age of 65
A collection of short stories
A book published by an indie press
A book by or about someone that identifies as LGBTQ
A book by a person whose gender is different from your own
A book that takes place in Asia
A book by an author from Africa
A book that is by or about someone from an indigenous culture (Native Americans, Aboriginals, etc.)
A microhistory
A YA novel
A sci-fi novel
A romance novel
A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade
A book that is a retelling of a classic story
An audiobook
A collection of poetry
A book that someone else has recommended to you
A book that was originally published in another language
A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind
A book that you would consider a guilty pleasure
A book published before 1850
A book published this year
A self-improvement book

In addition, my cousin Teresa sent me the Pop Sugar Challenge:
Now clearly the two lists overlap, and I will be combining the two challenges into one master list that covers every item, to set my 2015 reading list, which I will track on Goodreads. By combining the two challenges, I will read over 52 books this year. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment