Friday, February 3, 2012

What a difference a year makes

I am going skirt dancing tonight. Zumba is in the morning. And the Scout Hike is tomorrow afternoon.

My daughter is attending Miami Hamilton, my son is half way through 4th grade. They are healthy- a blessing I just cannot stress enough.

Work has it challenges, but then, doesn't it always. We will soon be moving to new office space and it is exciting.

I am exercising regularly for the first time since High School swim team. I have friends that join me for some of the classes (even if they grumble a little). Spinning is grueling, Salsa is great fun, and Zumba- God I love Zumba. LaToya is just amazing.

I am writing a paper for a professional journal. OH MY GOD! And while the co-directors will be on the paper, I will be first author. Which is a BIG deal. Even if it is a little paper.

I will be travelling to Florida, Canada and Barcelona for work (which means I need to renew my passport) and down south with Liz this summer as a get away.

I have girlfriends I can call at 3am... But now I really don't feel the need. At least not today. It is calming, though, to know I could if I needed to.

Life may not be perfect, but it is perfect for me in this moment.

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment