Wednesday, January 8, 2020

COVID-19 update

 The U.S. set a new record today for the most COVID-19 deaths in one day, because at least 4,051 people died of the coronavirus, reports CNN. At least. Which means the number is possibly higher. To put that in perspective, nearly 3,000 died in the 9-11 attacks.

According to Johns Hopkins over 365,000 Americans have died, and nearly 2 million worldwide. To put that in perspective, total U.S. military deaths in battle and from other causes in World War II were 407,316.  So in 10 days time on this current path, we could surpass that 4 year death toll.  Keep in mind the first deaths in the U.S are believed to have occurred in February of 2020

And here in America, all the news is about the final days of the Trump administration. 

As a health care worker, I am near the front of the line and should receive my first dose of  the Moderna vaccine next week- it is being offered by my employer and I am grateful. But I will remain vigilant in my lock-down because that is the best way to protect people. Yesterday, Ohio posted 94 deaths.  The 21 day average is 75. I think that is a lot of people in a state of almost 12 million

So I don't hang out with my friend who got a new puppy and I don't run to Kroger to grab milk and bread, and I watch movies with my son in the basement rather than the movie theater. I wash my hands and wear a mask and hope and pray we all stay safe and healthy.

Because that is all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment